Vision, Mission, and Goals Statement for 2024
To inspire a growing and vibrant aviation community in northern New Mexico
To grow the aviation community by promoting the “Future of Aviation” thru education, experimentation, and community involvement.
• Provide useful information to our members thru our presentations, newsletters, and website.
• Encourage flying activities by organizing Flyouts to interesting venues.
• Continue the development of the Electric Dragonfly and the pursuit of electric aircraft technology.
• Conduct annual Young Eagle Workshops and Rallies.
• Introduce RC modeling and flying as part of our Young Eagle Workshops with the EAA Build and Fly project.
• Construct a flight simulator and a wind tunnel for educational purposes.
• Grow our STEM activities into a multiphase educational program.
• Provide educational opportunities to our members and the aviation community through the EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor programs and Skills Classes.
• Host a major aviation event at least once a year.
• Establish an association with a flying club to help our members pursue their dreams of learning to fly.
• Grow our membership over the next two years by having more people in the communities around us become interested and engaged in our aviation activities and programs.
• Begin an Aviation Scholarship program for private pilots.
• Establish a fully functioning 501c3 organization and increase the donations that help fund our programs.
• Mentor future Board members and create an Operations Manual for the Chapter.